Thursday, May 15, 2008

True community

Over the past couple years, God has really been stirring in both Kipp and me a heart for community- real community. It seems that both Scripture and life experience both affirm the notion that we were not meant to go it alone. God created us with a desire for community, and it's an essential part of loving, learning, and just enjoying life.

I'm reminded of this truth again this week. We had a rough experience over the weekend, and I've been amazed this week at our friends' outpouring of love, concern, and helpfulness. I've had friends from New Mexico to right here in Staunton call to check on me and offer a listening ear. We even had a friend call and offer to watch Keaton tomorrow for us so Kipp and I could have some time together.

Just the thought that there are people out there who care about us and are praying for us is humbling to me. What great friends we have! They inspire me to want to be a better friend. I'm praying that God will help me to be as thoughtful, compassionate, and helpful as they are. Thanks, guys.

1 comment:

CR Momma said...

Trust me Jenny- you are a better friend than anyone I know, and you and Kipp have made more of an impact in our lives than words can say. We are here for you too- love you, and let me know if we can do anything to help once we get back! : )